Registration and Records
- Our office will be closed, and staff will be working remotely starting Wednesday, Nov. 18 through Dec. 22, 2020. Customer service will be provided through email.
- The university will be closed for the holiday break between Dec. 23, 2020, and Jan. 1, 2021, and will re-open on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021.
- Please direct your questions to email@example.com.
Are you trying to register for summer or fall 2020 classes and are having a problem with your password or other IT-related issues? The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) Service Desk monitors and responds to incoming emails and tickets, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- For the fastest response time, please enter a ticket via the DoIT portal. Click the "get help" icon and then "submit an incident".
- You may also email ServiceDesk@niu.edu
- Learn more about how to reset your password.
If you have questions about a specific course being offered, contact the course offering department.
We're your resource for immediate and effective access to academic information. From registration to graduation, we're committed to providing services that enhance your educational experience at NIU. Our staff looks forward to meeting you and answering your questions.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I view a transcript?
- How do I drop or withdraw from a class or the university? What are the deadlines?
- How can I get a certification of enrollment or graduation from NIU?
- How do I prevent my student directory information from being available to the public?
- How soon can I get my grades after I take my final exam?
- How does a course transfer to NIU from another institution?
- What is my catalog year?
- How do I change my catalog year?
- What do you have to do to become an Illinois resident for tuition purposes?